Sunday, April 1, 2012

Interesting Things to Know!

So my interesting Japanese post of the week is about hospitals.

Which...from the word alone seems like a very boring topic. I could spend this entire time talking about the differences between the Western hospitals and the Japanese ones (which there are many)...OR...I could tell you about this most interesting bit of information...

...Wait for it...


OK! SO!


There is a reason that whenever you go to a Japanese hospital, (at least here) there are a million old people all over the place. IT'S because they go there to socialize and make friends!!! I was talking to these two Japanese people about it...and they both nodded their heads and agreed with everything the other person said. They aren't there because they're sick or anything, they just want to chat it up!! And for whatever reason...that cracks me up. I burst out into spitfulls (making that a real word right here..!!) of laughter. I can just picture these super cute oji/oba-chans sitting in the hospital at all these sick young people and thinking, "Yes..mmm...who looks fun to talk to today?!?!" And it cracks me up. Love the oji/oba-chans...except for when they're talking to me. When they try to talk, I usually try to run away. I just can't usually understand them...at all. Especially here. The dialect. Man...tough. It's tough.

The only other interesting thing that I haven't learned recently that is also connected to this topic...is...sometimes...when people are giving blood, in Japan, instead of doing it through the crook in the elbow (yeah...deal with it, I can't think of how one would explain that...) they sometimes do it through the top of the hand or between the fingers. For some reason...the thought of that...REALLY freaks me out!!! The elbow place seems fine...and thick...but the top of the hand?!?!?! The skin is so thin there...the needle could just...escape...rip through the hand skin and fly free!!! Gross.


I also spent way too much money on a game I will never win at. It makes you think you can win, but you can't. Almost impossible. But if I do...I could win a PSVita...and that sounds soooo cool!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment