It's official!!! I am definitely going back to Japan!! Last Monday, the JET program set me my confirmation letter telling me I had been accepted and I immediately replied back saying I was definitely going to take the position.
In a way, I really can't believe that I'm going back...or that I was ever actually there. I always find myself telling people that my entire experience in Japan was more like a dream than reality, because it was just SO WONDERFUL. I met so many people, experienced so many different aspects of life...I'm amazed really. This time though, instead of spending my time with friends and doing homework, I will be teaching English to K-12 students! And I will be interacting with many Japanese adults...which is still super terrifying. (I know know why I say "adults" I mean, I'm an adult too...technically, but apparently I don't yet see myself as an adult. Peter Pan syndrome?)
Of course, like my exchange was, it's a double-edged sword. I am super excited for the opportunity and to see all of my friends again, but...again I have to be away from my family, and I'm not going to lie, I am just super attached to them. And honestly, I would like to stay home for a year or so and just hang out with them. But then I think of how my hometown sucks people in and makes it hard for them to leave, so I know I have to take this opportunity. And also this job pays really well and I would still like to find myself with extra money so that I can thank family for their support and flat-out stubbornness by taking them on a vacation or two. In order to do that though, I have to be independent....or financially independent.
Overall though I am very excited. I can't wait to see my friends again, and I can't wait to eat Japanese food, especially RAMEN! Nothing better then a good bowl of ramen. I hope this time too, more of my family and friends will be able to visit me. I would love to see them in Japan! AND Japan would love to see them!
I'm so excited for you!!!!
ReplyDelete