Right now I am in between classes, avoiding the International Office and trying to figure out why everything is trying to stress me out. I mean...yeah, I suppose I do deserve a little stress since I spent a WONDERFUL time in Hawaii with my Mom and brother. Before that I traveled Japan with my daddy, AND before that I had a vacation with my close friends here. So now...all those stressful things that I managed to avoid for the past month and a half have decided to hit me now. Grrnndldkd
School officially started for the exchange students yesterday, but I didn't even get to attend my first lesson because I was forced into taking a placement test that I took when I first arrived. Even though I did well in all of my classes I had to take it (along with all the other exchange students) And no matter where I am placed, I can still take whatever I want. Counterproductive!!!
Anything to do with the International office is stressful and they are sometimes completely useless. Instead of a body of people that are working together for a group cause, they all individually work on something, and then they don't communicate their information with other people. Example: I bought a plane ticket to go to Hawaii...I told someone in the office that I would be gone from this day to this day. She says ok...blahblahblah, and then when I get back, the first thing I hear is that someone else in the office was freaking out at another student because she didn't know why I wasn't at this meetings for the beginning of the semester. Hmm...
And there is also this other problem that I have to talk about with them, that irritates me so much, and is so confusing that I can't even express my dislike about it in a blog, because it would take too long.
...
I have gotten a lot of compliments about my tan though. Success!! Hawaii was...the perfect vacation though. And I bought a Kindle from Amazon, LOVE IT. Or maybe hate it. It is the most wonderful device ever...storing 1500 books on an electronic pad that weighs maybe 2 lbs. Then, buying books through Amazon is cheaper than paperback or hardcover. Only problem is that it is soooo easy to go onto the Kindle book store and then buy a book. And I really love reading...
This semester I really have to work hard. I want to continue to do well in my classes and have fun with my friends as well. I am also thinking about taking the JLPT test (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) and just see how it goes. It's a big test for Japanese Language Learners and if I want to do anything with Japanese, I have to take this test to show my ability. And I think it would be good to take while in Japan, surrounded by all this Japanese.
Now that school has started again, I'll start blogging again. Even though so many interesting things happened between the last blog and this one, I was so busy at all times that I never seemed to be able to just sit down and write out my thoughts like this. I will now though!
No comments:
Post a Comment